Virtual meetings can be a great resource for your business. Having the ability to connect anywhere, anytime, is becoming more and more popular. Below you will find some tips to using Zoom, a popular meeting platform. First, you will need to create an account on www.zoom.us .
Once your account is created, follow these steps to schedule, invite, host, and record your meetings! Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to chat with us or give us a call! 631-630-9845
- Make sure you are logged in on zoom.us
- On the top right side of screen, click “Schedule Meeting”
- Enter Meeting Name (Your Business Here & Your Customer Here)
- Set desired date and time
- Make sure host and guest video on boxes are checked off
- select use personal meeting ID
- set password
- Make sure you are set for the correct time zone.
THAT IS ALL FROM THE ZOOM PLATFORM TO SCHEDULE.
You should then send an email to your customer that includes all information for the meeting, like the following.
Your zoom meeting with YOUR BUSINESS HERE is scheduled for DATE at TIME. Follow the steps below to join the meeting at the appropriate time.
- Open your internet browser
- Visit zoom.us
- Click on the “Join A Meeting” Link
- Enter Meeting ID: (Your personal meeting ID should always remain the same)
- Enter Password: (insert whatever password you are using when scheduling these meetings)
- Click Join!
If you are having any difficulties, please call our office at (your phone number)
THAT IS THE EMAIL YOU WILL SEND TO INVITE CLIENTS.
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO JOIN MEETING
- Open zoom.us
- Click on the ghost image of a person on the top right, to access your profile.
- On the left sidebar menu click “meetings”
- Click start meeting on the appropriate meeting.
- If you’d like to record meetings, hit record button, or in your zoom account settings, you can set meeting to auto record.
SAVING MEETING FILE
- Let the file convert, once it reaches 100%
- Select the appropriate folder on your desktop to save the recording
- Only save the zoom file, not all 3 files (audio, video, and both. Save the both file)
- Rename the file so you know what client it is for.
This may seem difficult, but hopefully using these steps, and running through it a few times, you will get the hang of it, and see it is not as hard as this seems! If you have any questions, we are a chat away.